Flash Required to view this area.

1.25.2010

Analog vs Digital

So, for the next 3 - 4 weeks Whitney and I only have 1 computer to share. It makes things a little difficult when I want to work on a job and she's editing photos. I decided last night this would be a great time to practice actually drawing...

I've always hid behind the computer claiming that I could only draw on the computer and not in an analog format. To some degree it's kind of true, mainly because I never try to draw with a pencil and paper. It's so easy to just sit down with photoshop and bang out graphic after graphic and easily fix mistakes with CMD+Z. After reading a blog of a fantastic illustrator or "Illustrative Designer" as he says, Von Glitschka ...
http://www.glitschka.com ... I decided it's time I change that.

Last night was my first go at becoming more than a graphic designer. While watching Food Network (which is on 75% of the time the tv is on in our house... when my career as a designer is over I plan on being a chef...) I decided to draw one of Daiden's toys. It's a bouncy zebra that he got for his birthday. Sloppy, yes. Perspective problems, oh yes. Shading Errors, Tons! However, the only way to get better is to practice. So I'm setting out on a journey over the next 3 - 4 weeks. I plan on drawing some sort of something every night. I'll be posting them here in my notes as well as on my blog I'm currently building... (you'll see it when it's finished)

Any comments you have on the subject and critiques would be most appreciated. I never went to art school, as a matter of fact, I failed art in high school because I didn't take it serious. I was going to be a professional musician, remember? Anyway, I've tagged the people I have a lot of respect for as artists, designers and so on. School me please.

I know i know... step one... get some real paper... This was very impromptu last night, plus most of our art supplies are packed up at the new house.

Peas and Carrots.
Nick


Drawing 012409

No comments:

Post a Comment